- Analyze technical requirements and translate them in to automated ETL workflows in an Oracle 11g and 12c data warehouse environment.
- Works closely with System analyst to ensure that ETL workflows are accurate, repeatable and supportable
- Develops insights from data that can be transformed into effective business intelligence
- Connects to various source database systems such as Oracle, SQL to mine data using SQL that will be used for automation
- Evaluates existing data designs to judge their capability, effectiveness, reliability, performance, usage, maintainability and cost of ownership.
- Provides expertise, feedback and suggestions on data related issues and implementations then executes improvements
- Documents technical designs, ETL configurations and data specifics to be used to support metric automation
Education and Skills
- 4+ years as a Data Analyst / Data Engineer
- Knowledge of and experience with tools, techniques and processes for complex data gathering, analysis and reporting on data for large organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, computer science or related degree
- Presents alternative options/ approaches to solving problems by generating cost/ benefits associated with each solution
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to analyze technical requirements and translate them in to automated ETL workflows in a data warehouse environment.
- Experience with data warehouse concepts, data modelling and tools such as Tableau
- Experience writing SQL queries and working with database tools such as Informatica, SQL Developer and EZPAAS
- Experience with Oracle database development 11g or 12c
- Experience with Unix shell scripting and Python
- Experience with common software development life cycle practices (Agile/Waterfall/Lean)
- Demonstrates ability to quickly learn new tools based on conceptual understanding of technology
- Demonstrates ability to write documentation that explains complex technical concepts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing business intelligence platforms to derive insights in the data
- Strong judgment, problem solving, organizational and time management skills, interpersonal and project “ownership”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Develops strong relationships.
- Solid analytical and research skills, problem analysis and resolution
- Ability to prioritize workload, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to move quickly across changing priorities
- Possesses hands on experience in technology areas including data warehousing and data mining
- Enjoy working with and manipulating raw data