- Responsible for the design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of reporting solutions for reporting consumers including analysts, managers and senior leaders.
- Lead semantic design through SQL development and BI tools to refine presentation of data to meet reporting needs.
- Use Agile approach to elicit and refine requirements through an iterative process of planning, defining acceptance criteria, prioritizing, developing and reviewing the results.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Data Warehouse team to drive technical design of data access, visualization and analytical layers; and to adapt the data access, visualization and analytical layers architecture and assets to meet evolving business requirements.
- Complete and maintain professional documentation for projects and deliverables.
- Responsible for unit, integration, stress/load testing of reports and dashboards to ensure functional and performance requirements are met.
- Work with business and IT management to understand and prioritize data and information needs, including the enrichment of data for: classifications and roll-ups to support analytics; building expressions and calculations; working with data stewards to clearly define and document definitions and metadata.
- Solves complex technical problems related to dashboard and report design, BI tools and collaborating with engineers on issues relating to data architecture and database/data warehouse/data mart design.
- Ensure documentation of requirements, design, testing and user guide’s meets departmental and professional standards.
- Understand and develop KPIs with project champions.
- Working with Enterprise Data Warehouse team to develop data access, visualization and analytical layers as needed.
- Coordinates coaching and training other developers on business intelligence tools, reporting and analytic best practices and data visualization techniques.
- Make use of data, statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling and fact-based management to drive decision making and help customers develop new insights and understanding of performance-based data.
- Work with vendors to resolve issues, as needed.
Knowledge of tools such as: the Microsoft BI Reporting and Analysis Tools including SSIS, SSRS and SSAS and visualization and data discovery tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlikview).
Experience in design, development and implementation of Dashboarding & Business Intelligence applications.
Experience with data analysis, trending and KPI development.
Demonstrated knowledge of requirements gathering, software development methodologies and project documentation practices.
Proficient in SQL, Excel and other Microsoft Office tools.
Excellent written and oral communications.