- Develop the data science roadmap with a focus on delivering client value.
- Devise and communicate data science strategy with internal teams including Executives, Solutions,
Engineering, and Client Success.
- Provide guidance on the development of machine learning and statistical models.
- Evaluate potential sources of data and their value to FanThreeSixty.
- Manage and develop members of the FanThreeSixty Data Science team.
- Communicate methods and results both internally and externally to individuals with little statistical
knowledge or understanding.
- Recommend ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms to generate additional value.
- Be a champion of data-driven decision-making for both FanThreeSixty and its clients.
- Represent FanThreeSixty in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional strategic and analytical thinking skills.
- Collaborative personality with the ability to build relationships both within the team and across the
organization to drive results.
- Ability to query databases and perform statistical analysis.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to confidently present information and analytics.
- Excel working both independently and in a team environment to create business solutions.
- Unrelenting desire to deliver high-quality products.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise
independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Seek an environment leveraging cutting-edge technology.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Economics or other
related field required.
- 7+ years of experience developing statistical or machine learning models
- 7+ years of experience with Python or R and SQL
- Experience with a wide variety of statistical and machine learning algorithms, including a deep
understanding of their mathematical foundations and the types of problems they can address.
- Experience communicating complex calculations and insights clearly to business partners.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of data scientists/analysts.
- Desire and ability to mentor and coach mid-level and junior data scientists
- Proven track record leading data science teams with multiple successful implementations driving
real business value,
- Experience with software architecture and designing an analytics environment.
- Experience with data manipulation, data analysis, and data visualization
- Experience with statistical/econometric/machine learning modeling both in a research capacity and
at global scale
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new concepts and novel approaches and apply them
to find solutions to complex business problems.
- Proficient in Google Applications, as well as the Microsoft Office Suite.