Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides maintenance and technical support to the company’s production database servers.
- Addresses and responds to internal customer issues and concerns in a timely manner. Provides the appropriate solutions to problems as needed.
- Ensures the proper backup support is in place for all production databases.
- Teams with all Information Systems teams and various internal departments to aid in the development process of systems and procedures.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on database servers. Diagnoses and proposes solutions to recurring server faults as needed.
- Serves as the full-time, main point of contact (pager duty) to resolve database server issues on designated weeks.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred
- 5+ years experience in related field preferred
- Knowledge of SQL Server preferred
- Knowledge of database management, indexes, tuning, and performance-related issue preferred
- Technical certifications a plus