6-8 years minimum
Build and maintain modular ETL applications which enables the flow of data between data sources
- Develop database schemas, database procedures and functions, ETL, data loads and data extracts
- Participates in activities of development lifecycle including estimation, coding, unit testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Design and develop applications to established practice, standards and specifications.
Works collaboratively with a level III developer to design, develop and deliver an entire application (i.e interface, ETL, extract, web site, service, console app, BI app).
Works more or less independently.
- Participates in estimation
- Defines and executes manual test cases which test all aspects of the component under development
- Increases use of automating testing, developing automated tests for components of an application
- Analyzes specifications and designs, develops, and tests high quality solutions in support of defined business objectives
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis, coding, profiling and problem resolution
- Troubleshoots application programs and provides timely response; performance-tunes these applications as necessary
- Identifies problems and seeks assistance with solution implementation
- Provides technical knowledge and subject matter expertise as required
- Adheres to detailed deployment plans, schedules, timelines and milestones