- Assist with gathering requirements, design, codify, integrate and implement secure solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions.
- Apply secure development/coding to include; but not limited to, cloud technology, internet servers, application whitelisting, virtualized containers, web-enabled database applications, network security, security engineering, data integrity, intrusion detection, firewall management, forensic and legal information security, virtual private networks, public key/infrastructure/digital signatures, encryption, network security architecture and DHS Policy.
- Champion security by injecting security concerns into the existing development workflow; build security thinking into every stage of software development.
- Coordinate with teams across the enterprise on the migration of existing IT services to the cloud; identify security technical requirements, potential problems and issues, and participate on agile software development teams.
- Support SOC capabilities by customizing tools and automating processes for SOC and IR analysts.
- The candidate must possess the technical skills and experiences with Cloud Service (AWS,Azure, etc), continuous delivery systems and enhancing SOC operations through automation.
- Experience leading and mentoring junior members.
- Previous professional experience with performing integrated quality assurance testing for security functionality and resiliency to attacks.
- Previous professional experience with secure programming and identify potential flaws in codes to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Applies coding and testing standards, security testing tools (including ‘fuzzing’ static-analysis code scanning tools), Identify common coding flaws, threat modeling, and conducts code reviews.
- Perform or support penetration testing as required for new or updated applications.
- Recognize security implications in the software/code acceptance phase, including completion criteria, risk acceptance and documentation, common criteria, and methods of independent testing.
- Participate in network and system design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies, designs and implement systems security and data assurance.
- Take an approach of; plan, code, build, test, release, deploy and monitor when writing software to automate CBP SOC security tasks
- Knowledge of Source Code Management concepts (code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work with customers/stakeholders, developers, testers, project managers, support staff
- Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployment
- Advanced working knowledge of the following: encryption algorithms, secure communications, network and data communication protocols.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field such as NIST, FISMA and Common Criteria regulations and standards.
- One or more of the following Certifications: CEH, CISSP, CSSLP, GPEN, OSCP, AWS Solutions Architect, RHSA, GXPN, GWAPT
- AWS Solutions Architect, DevOps Certs, RHCE
- Orchestration of Cloud infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code)
- Advance Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering