- Develop and lead Engineering projects designed to reduce waste, improve process capability, process reliability, increase OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), improve quality and manage capacity as required.
- Develop data acquisition and performance measuring techniques to gather and analyze critical data necessary to execute actions that improve product cost, quality and manufacturing reliability
- Plan, resource and establish priorities and sequences for OEE improvement projects by Design of Experiments (DOEs) and related tools to optimize manufacturing process performance.
- Advise management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develop recommendations and plans accordingly.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers as required.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Must be able to physically perform the functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions
- Must possess visual acuity to document company records
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- BS in Engineering required; Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Internship in Food, Pharmaceutical or Aseptic manufacturing engineering with emphasis on OEE and Manufacturing process improvements, Process & Packaging Equipment Design, Project management and execution in an Aseptic process and classified manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Experience managing people and projects preferred Excellent computer skills, extensive Process and Packaging equipment design and operation, automation and controls (PLC, DCS, etc.) knowledge, solid analytical skills, demonstrated excellent interpersonal and Project Management Skills. Demonstrated proficiency in use of Process Excellence tools and Design for Six Sigma DFSS, (DMAIC, DOE, VSM, RCA, FMEA, etc.).