As a Network Operations Center Engineer, you will be an instrumental part of the clients Network Operations Center (NOC). The ideal candidate will provision, troubleshoot and maintain the various equipment, applications, and tools that support the clients voice network infrastructure. This is a role that requires individuals to be versatile in their skill-sets, strong capabilities in VoIP is a must, but also having an understanding from IP networking to Linux - all while working in a complex troubleshooting environment.
- Troubleshoot Voice Network issues at the call, device and log level.
- Create documentation outlining the technical design of clients products.
- Establish best practices for alerting and troubleshooting network events for the NOC team.
- Providing training and mentoring for internal team members on new procedures.
- Serve as an on-call escalation point for high visibility core voice network issues.
- Develop procedures to repair and upgrade systems and equipment.
- Perform network repair and after-hours maintenance activity.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- 2 - 5 years working in a network operations environment.
- Deep understanding of SIP and VoIP Networks.
- Experience with Linux at the command line level.
- Possess excellent technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strongly self-motivated to overcome challenges and identify new opportunities for process improvement.
- Ability to prioritize work while multi-tasking.
- Highly driven to constantly improve skills and gain new knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication with an emphasis on building a stronger team.