Company Name :IBA Infotech LLC
Type : Contract
Primary Skills : Oracle RDBMS experience, Linux OS and shell script.
Location : Jacksonville
CTC : DOE
- Will build and maintain databases in both OLTP and OLAP environments.
- Must possess a strong inclination for problem solving and attention to detail.
- Must verify and ensure consistency across like platforms.
- Must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must be able to facilitate communication with other groups to implement various database-related tasks.
- Will provide a systems perspective advice to the company in the area of data and database technologies.
- Will partner with the Operations DBAs, developers, and other systems administrators to diagnose, plan, and execute on activities needing resolution, either planned or unplanned.
- Will support, prioritize and troubleshoot database, OS, application and hardware issues in conjunction with other systems personnel.
- Must be able to collaborate with programming and systems staff members in the creation of standards and procedures.
- Will perform a variety of tasks, including:
- Proactive administrative duties.
- Recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Disaster recovery monitoring, management and hardening.
- Database change control responsibilities.
- System performance monitoring and system optimization.
- Research, test, and develop systems maintenance and upgrade plans for new and existing technologies.
- Maintain in-depth technical expertise for Microsoft system and database products, industry trends, competitive offerings.
- 2+ years of Oracle RDBMS experience.
- 2+ years of Linux OS and shell script experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a demanding, 24/7 production environment.
- Must have operated within a rigorous change control environment. (i.e., managed separate Development, QA, UAT, Training and Production environments)
- Must have a demonstrated ability and initiative to automate and technology and process related to duties
- Degree or certification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or closely related with a minimum of 2 years experience in database administration
- Environment Database, Network, and Operating Systems Theories
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle 11gR2, 12cR2 Database, ASM, and RAC
- Oracle/Red Hat/CentOS Linux
- Oracle Data Guard and Exadata experience is a plus.
- Open source database MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and MySQL experience is a plus
- SQL Server and Windows Server experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work within defined timeframes.
- Degree or certification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or closely related with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in database administration