Experience with 3DX/V6 preferred
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related curriculum required or or an equivalent combination of appropriate education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 3 years of engineering or IT experience. 1 year experience with CAD and/or PDM tools (CATIA and ENOVIA SMARTEAM preferred.). 1 year Database experience, data migration/conversion or related experience preferred.
Under minimal supervision, perform engineering work related to configuring, deploying, maintaining, and upgrading CAD and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) applications and processes. Responsible for tasks related to the development and deployment of systems, methodologies, standards and processes that result in the ability to create and manage high fidelity digital data for Gulfstream products. Perform tasks to ensure PLM systems integrity and manage all product configuration data and information throughout the products lifecycle. Provide support for the development of training courses for CAD and PLM Applications.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1. Execute plans, according to schedules, for engineering assignments.
- 2. Responsible for engineering feasibility of CAD and PLM solutions for complex assignments or full project of minor complexity.
- 3. Coordinate activities for lower level engineering staff assigned to specific projects.
- 4. Actively work to improve daily processes, to ensure all CAD and PLM systems meet customer requirements.
- 5. Analyze user needs to determine engineering and product data requirements, CAD and PLM functional requirements, and perform analysis as well as process and data modeling to meet user needs. 6. Recognize discrepancies and/or problems with analysis, process mapping or system implementation results and work toward corrective action.
- 7. Tailor CAD and PLM applications functionality, to established requirements, policies and procedures. 8. Develop system queries and utilities to support users information researches
- 9. Assist in the testing and implementation of new deployment or revisions to the CAD and PLM systems.
- 10. Execute tasks for producing Product Structure and Engineering Bill of Material for use in production and QA.
- 11. Execute tasks for coordinating the release of product definition data, change management and product configuration management, including quality control and change reporting.
- 12. Ensure proper security, archiving and audibility of product releases.
- 13. Analyze, monitor and report business and system status metrics.
- 1. Provide training on new functionalities and upgrades.
- 2. Ensure compliance with FAA regulatory requirements for management and control of all type design data.
- 3. Maintain a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in a specific discipline and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality, economy, and effectiveness of the company product. Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1. Experience with CAD and PDM tools (CATIA and ENOVIA LCA, VPM preferred).
- 2. Previous experience with digital pre-assembly of product components (aerospace preferred).
- 3. Experience in process mapping and other process improvement techniques preferred.
- 4. Familiarity with computer-aided design, manufacturing and product data management systems.
- 5. Basic knowledge of design engineering and manufacturing engineering applications and processes.
- 6. Proven computer literacy that includes PC Windows environment with specific skills in MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and MS Project.
- 7. Must have strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, and a general understanding of engineering/manufacturing data requirements and design tools.