Experience with CATIA V5/Enovia SmarTeam required. Experience with 3DX/V6 preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education & experience. Ten (10) years of Engineering, or IT experience or 10 years Engineering experience w/broad experience in several technical disciplines required. Five (5) years of experience with CAD and/or PDM tools required.(CATIA and ENOVIA SMARTEAM preferred.). Five (5) years of Database experience, data migration/conversion or related experience preferred..
Works in conjunction with the engineering groups and across multiple departments to research, develop and deploy technical advances in IT with business processes. Performs engineering work related to configuring, deploying, maintaining, and upgrading CAD and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) applications and processes. Responsible for tasks related to development and deployment of systems, methodologies, standards and processes that result in the ability to create and manage high fidelity digital data for Gulfstream products. Ensures PLM system integrity and manages all product configuration data and information throughout the product lifecycle. Define technical contents and guide the development/coordination of training for CAD and PLM Applications. Assists in planning, coordination, performance and execution of processes for PLM tools and services that meet internal and external customer and regulatory requirements.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1. Executes plans, according to schedules, for engineering assignments.
- 2. Responsible for engineering feasibility of CAD and PLM solutions for complex assignments or full project of minor complexity.
- 3. Coordinates activities for lower level engineering staff assigned to specific projects.
- 4. Actively works to improve daily processes, to ensure all CAD and PLM systems meet customer requirements.
- 5. Analyzes user needs to determine engineering and product data requirements, CAD and PLM functional requirements, and perform analysis as well as process and data modeling to meet user needs. 6. Recognizes discrepancies and/or problems with analysis, process mapping or system implementation results and works toward corrective action.
- 7. Tailors CAD and PLM Applications functionality, to established requirements, policies and procedures. 8. Develop system queries and utilities to support users information researches
- 9. Assists in the testing and implementation of new deployment or revisions to the CAD and PLM systems.
- 10. Analyzes, monitor and report business and system status metrics.
- 11. Responsible for producing Product Structure and Engineering Bill of Material for use in and production and QA.
- 12. Responsible for the release of product definition data, change management and product configuration management activities.
- 13. Ensures proper security, archiving and audibility of product releases.
- 14. Recommend innovations to improve the quality, economy, and effectiveness of the company product. Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: 8. Proven computer literacy that includes PC Windows environment w/specific skills in MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio & MS Project required.
- 1. Must have strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, and a general understanding of engineering/manufacturing data requirements and design tools.
- 2. Minimum of 4 yrs configuration management experience.
- 3. Experience with CAD and PDM tools (CATIA and ENOVIA LCA, VPM preferred).
- 4. Previous experience with digital pre-assembly of product components (aerospace desirable).
- 5. Experience in process mapping and other process improvement techniques is desirable.
- 6. Familiarity with computer-aided design, manufacturing and product data management systems.
- 7. Basic knowledge of design engineering and manufacturing engineering applications and processes.