- Monitor existing application and infrastructure while working to improve existing monitoring.
- Mentor more junior engineers on team to improve performance and productivity.
- Leading efforts to Automate everything.
- Lead DevOps engineers to achieve project milestones.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders and management.
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs and availability of critical platform components.
- Share the responsibility of supporting the environment and product during off-hours.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering or related/relevant field. Master's degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of cloud deployment tools and methodologies (Terraform, Packer, AWS CloudFormation).
- Experience with configuration management systems and concepts (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS CodeDeploy).
- Experience with CI/CD strategies and related tools (Ansible, GitLab, Jenkins).
- Experience with the selection, implementation and use of different Application and Infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Experience designing solutions in AWS (Could consider MS Azure Cloud experience).
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Python, Bash, Java, Go).
- Past experience performing Linux systems engineering responsibilities.
- Experience with Microservices architecture.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Practical experience leading and mentoring engineers.
- Communicate effectively, written and verbal to a range of audiences.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a quick study and have great attention to detail.
- Comprehensive debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience designing infrastructure as code using and working in a secure development lifecycle.
- Experience sharing the innovative work you do at conferences, meetups, etc.
- Experience with core systems like LDAP and NTP.