JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate for this position solves highly complex IT problems and contributes to one of the most important web platforms in the Federal government. The candidate must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, prioritize across multiple competing tasks, work independently as a developer, and be able to complete tasks on time. Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Build backend RESTful APIs for the display of content
- Build ETL processes to ingest, transform and save content obtained from multiple data sources
- Writes exhaustive unit tests.
- Creates public RESTful APIs.
- Creates microservices.
- Works on backend and frontend code
- Works on frontend code using JQuery
- Mentor peers and junior developers in Python/Django design and development techniques.
- Understands search tools like Solr and Elasticsearch, and has experience with them
- Participate in stand-ups, design/requirements meetings, code reviews, and internal technology sessions
- Provide ideas for innovation in development, performance improvements, process improvement, and testing
- Work independently on the development of code and creation of unit tests, using PyUnit
- Solid experience with developing within agile frameworks
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years of solid Python and Django development experience
- 8+ years of overall (OOP) programming experience
- Experience with JSON-based APIs
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with Search engines, such as Solr or Elasticsearch
- Excellent communication skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Experience with Jira and Git
- Experience working in an AWS environment