- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze software and software designs (web and mobile) for usability issues and work with developers and designers to define and implement solutions.
- Conduct various types of UX research (e.g., contextual, survey, interview, etc.) in-person and remotely.
- Conduct usability tests with users in our User Testing Lab – facilitate, observe, operate equipment, coordinate, and handle issues as needed.
- Create wireframes, test plans, recommendations presentations, and other UX artifacts as needed.
- Design usable and engaging user experiences based on UX research and best practices.
- Test web and mobile sites and applications for WCAG 2.0 conformance using various tools including screen readers and support consulting/training of teams to make improvements.
- Contribute to the design and development of engaging, usable, and accessible UX interactions for the web and mobile
- Work with diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles.
- Bachelors degree in Human Factors, Psychology, Design, or related field. Advanced degree highly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in User Experience Design or Research
Qualifications / Skills
- Passionate about making web and mobile applications easier to use and accessible to all users
- Subject Matter Expertise in UX design and research
- Subject Matter Expertise in Accessibility, including WCAG 2.0
- Understanding of the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes and wireframes
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with an ability to communicate concepts and conclusions to a variety of audiences.
- Thorough, methodical, with extreme attention to detail
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and independently managing deadlines
- Expert at time management as well as working & finding answers to questions independently
- Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product
- Experience conducting usability tests (including with users with disabilities) a plus
- Experience working with SCRUM in an agile environment a plus.
- Subject Matter Expertise in Accessibility (508/WCAG) a plus.
- Visual design skills a plus.