- Responsible to plan, organize and coordinate drilling rig operations based on company drilling schedule
- Provide feedback and input into planning process and other functional teams to optimize drilling and development plans and growth objectives.
- Implement best practices in the drilling and completion operations and monitor the daily progress of operations. Prepare documentation and reports as required including cost analysis.
- Work with, coordinate and/or supervise contactors and vendors to develop and administer service contracts
- Assist in writing job procedures & AFEs for LOE and Capital projects
- Help set workover priority and schedule
- Collaborate with Subsurface engineers to optimize completion designs for new wells
- Assist Completions Superintendent and Workover Rig Superintendent with engineering and technical support
- Perform lookback on completed projects (both drilling and completions) to evaluate Capital Spend and Production / Performance vs Plan
- Obtain relevant drilling and completions data, analyze and make recommends as necessary to improve operations on both drilling and completions
- Assist in the supervision of critical drilling or completions operations carried out by Company's and Contractor's personnel at job site as necessary.
- Operates a company vehicle safely, adheres to all driving laws and Bonanza Creek vehicle use policies
- Provide review and approval of invoices and field tickets within the authority level delegated by the company.
- Ensures Operational compliance with OHSA, CDPHE, EPA, State of Colorado, COGCC and Bonanza Creek.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including rain, snow, mud, heat, etc. – work is performed in hazardous driving and working conditions throughout the year.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Demonstrated outstanding technical knowledge of engineering and operations
- 3-5 years of progressive and related experience in the upstream oil and gas sector
- Ability to establish priorities and execute assigned tasks at to achieve business objectives
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Experience and successful history of conflict resolution
- Strong decision making track record
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and be focused on common outcome
- Strong computer skills to assist in performing all job functions
- Proven ability to perform work under limited supervision
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet stringent deadlines with a positive and helpful “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a diverse group.
- Knowledge in other oil and gas business functions (Reservoir Engineering, Production Engineering, Accounting, Regulatory, Land Operations, etc.) preferred.