Accountable for providing line process operating support to ensure the achievement of production goals.
- Identify and lead Continuous Improvement Projects with emphasis on manufacturing cost reduction, capacity improvements/cycle time reductions, energy and waste reduction, and process reliability
- Develop preliminary scope for new projects with including cost-benefit analysis
- Work with plant operating personnel to troubleshoot plant operation issues
- Prepare new, or modify existing Plant Operating Procedures that accurately reflect process changes and process improvement
- Provide process-engineering expertise in RCA, PHA, MOC activities
- Extensive experience with chemical process equipment - reactors, distillation, extraction, pumps, piping, valves, heat exchanger, etc.
- Strong experience with Batch reaction, distillation, filters, heat exchangers, DCS programming, working knowledge of regulatory practices (PSM, DOT, EPA, etc.)
- Maintain/Create process information including Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s), Mass and Energy Balances
- Participate in plant shutdown, startup, and turnaround assistance
- Troubleshoots process/ production issues
- Provides Operations Supervisor’s first line of support for solving process management issues
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering required
- 2-5+ years of experience in process, production and/or manufacturing engineering within the petrochemical industrial manufacturing environments